Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Part one- Project #3- The Laundry Room Bench

Hi again everyone! This is only part one of the bench, because even though I had high hopes of completing it all today, it didn't happen. And that is life, and if it happens to you, don't let it get you down. There really is a tomorrow, and if tomorrow isn't coming, then it doesn't matter that we didn't finish the project. 

So here we go!

Step 1: Take everything off of the bench.


Step 2: Take the bench pad outside and beat the dust out of it.

And then have a seat and dangle your feet for a little bit. Feel like a kid again. :o)


Step 3: Take everything out of the cubbies. The charcoal will be making it's way to it's new home in the shed and the bag of rice there is actually a bag of a whole lot of homemade rice compresses. A project I should finish and sell at the market.



Step 4: Get the Windex. Or Pledge. Probably not the vinegar spray though.

This is faux wood and vinegar is pretty harsh to it, so be careful and do a test spot if you aren't sure.

These are the upper cubbies. I plan on putting the tempera paints up here. Daughter LOVES to paint, and once she figures out how to open one of those bottle, Heeeoooweee! There'll be paint from this side to the other side of town.



My next step is to declutter all of the stuff I took out of the laundry room. I wasn't able to get to it in a timely manner, and I burned my poor little pointer (and mouse clicker) finger frying up french fries for dinner (that oil is HOT) So I'm going to rest it for the night and finish the job in the morning.

I can't wait to show you how beautiful the bench will look once I'm done! 

Until tomorrow!
With Love,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Great job Emily!! :) What ever are we going to do and be inspired by when you get everything done? It is so amazing to see the progress and before and afters. You really help to make it seem like tackling cleaning jobs is easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I've already been pondering what this blog will morph into once my journey to unclutter is over. Probably the how to to keep it organized, maybe my own recipes, or crafts (with or without the kids). Or maybe all of it! Who knows!

    I'm glad I make it seem easy to declutter, because it really is! I think the key is to take everything out and clean the spot your tackling, that way you can keep in mind what you want it to look like, and how much room you really have, as you're putting things back into their proper homes.

    ReplyDelete