Monday, April 23, 2012

A Jewelry Idea

So where do you keep your jewelry? Drawer? Tackle box? Over stuffed jewelry box?

I kept mine in a dresser drawer. It was becoming a pain to find the piece that I wanted and trying to keep them all organized and untangled was getting more and more difficult as I added new pieces. I especially wanted to keep the jewelry I made exceptionally safe.

I looked around pinterest and saw several ideas, but I didn't have any one of those things to organize with. Rusty rake anyone? There's an eye poker for ya.

So I had a cork board that wasn't being used, so I hung it up, added my thumb tacks it a pleasing way and arranged my jewelry.



This hangs behind my bedroom door. It's nice to get dressed and then stand there in awe picking out the piece that will be honored by my wearing it.

Oh, and the pins up there are just stuck up there by themselves.

A couple more pieces and I'm going to need another cork board.

With Love,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Once I get some decent wall space of my own, I'm so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I really want to make something similar, but I have nowhere to hang anything up (because our landlord doesn't let us put nails in the walls...). At the moment my jewelry is in my washbag. :(

    ReplyDelete