Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hiya and Welcome!

As my very first posting, I want to welcome all who were curious enough to take the chance and click. So, how do you do?

This blog is not just another blog about organizing and cleaning your home, but is also intended to support and encourage those who were abused as children and are now trying to "dig" their way to freedom and final healing by breaking down their wall of protection, i.e. the CLUTTER.

Now, I'm not a therapist in anyway shape, form, or legal training, but I am someone who really gets it, because I have been there myself. I know the guilt, frustration, and all that negativity that comes from being abused. But I also know the feeling of being healed, and the freedom it gives me to know that my past is past and my future is bright.

I am battling my last fight right now with my past and that is my clutter that I have used to "protect" myself from the boogieman of my abuser. I remember I was watching a wonderful show about hoarders, (always induces cleaning mode in me), and one lady they were helping explained how her hoarding started. She had been molested as a child and she would keep her room messy in hopes that the person would step on a toy and wake her up. This in turn, in her mind, would prevent the molesting from happening.

As soon as I heard that I just about jumped up and down screaming, "That's me! That's me!". I too had been molested as a child and started leaving my room messy in hopes of stopping the person from doing it. It didn't work, but throughout my life, even though the boogieman was gone and was never going to come back, I still would leave my room very messy. It was a wall that I was building around me to "protect" me from being hurt again, and it was comforting in a way.

Now, it's been about 20 years since I was abused, and it doesn't bother me to think, or even talk about it, but I still have 20 years of clutter to deal with. I know it's a mental state. I know that I'm not going to get hurt again. In reality, by having this clutter I am in fact endangering myself and my family, and pushing away friends from visiting my home. My vision of my home and what I see now are two different things, and I want to share my experience with you of my journey towards that vision!

I will share the many tips and tricks that I have learned/ am leaning and will link you to them as I go as I find them, and I apologize in advance if I share a tip and not a link, it's because I don't remember where I learned it!

So thank you for reading such a long post. You get 10 brownie points for making it to the end!

Let's get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment